Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
4 Year Degree
Quality Care Our Heroes Deserve
Now is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
The Atlanta, GA VA Medical Center is searching for a Physician Assistant with experience working in Dermatology to join their dynamic healthcare team as a Tele-Dermatology PA.
* PA's primary responsibility is to provide dermatology services for veterans. PA will perform initial and interim history and physical exams on teledermatology and dermatology outpatients.
* The initial history and physical of teledermatology consults will be reviewed by the supervising physician and countersigned.
* All orders and prescriptions resulting from the teledermatology consult will be placed by the PA. PA will be working with other initial teledermatology readers.
* PA will participate in downstream needs of teledermatology consults including seeing patients in biopsy and general dermatology clinics.
* PA will also act as patient navigator to ensure that patients with skin cancers are seen according to national guidelines
* PA establishes protocols to ensure quality care of these skin cancer patients as well as for patient populations with chronic conditions such as hidradentitis suppurtiva, atopic dermatitis, etc.
Required Qualifications: PA must have 1 or more years general dermatology and biopsy experience.
Work Hours: 8am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday
Salary Range: Up to $113,342 per year
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
VA needs new employees with a wide variety of skills and professions.Whatever the job title, every position in VA will give you a chance to make a meaningful and personal contribution to the lives of some truly special and deserving people.Working for VA is one of the most emotionally satisfying and professionally rewarding ways to dedicate the best within you to your country's service.Those who a...lready work at VA feel privileged to assist the men and women who have defended our country. Gratitude is our motivation and service is our mission.The Department of Veterans Affairs is much more than just another employer. It is an honorable, open and welcoming community of those who care. America's veterans need you.