Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
TheWest Palm BeachVeterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting forseveral Nurse Practitioners and/or Physician Assistants. The Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants will function withinMental Health and Behavioral ScienceService. The incumbent may work out of the West Palm Beach Medical Center and/or Community Based OutpatientClinics (CBOC). Incumbent may travel to outlying CBOC's as assigned. May require the incumbent to work nights and weekends. The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing psychiatric and medical care to Veterans and eligible dependents at the Medical Center.
- Performing history and physical examinations, psychiatric interviews, ordering appropriate lab tests and studies (to include EKG, PPD, X-rays, CTs, MRIs, and other studies as appropriate) and interpreting the results of those tests and studies for outpatients.
- Ordering consultations to other specialties as clinically indicated in the care of the patients.
- Making clinical determinations and diagnoses (utilizing ICD-10 and/or DSM5), ordering and prescribing medications, performing basic medical procedures, facilitating inpatient admissions and admission orders, assisting with the Baker Act evaluations and providing patient education and basic mental healthsupport/counseling/interventional services, as well as other routine duties as assigned.
- Modifying services to best meet the treatment needs of Veterans and to promote efficient practice, coordinating with other services offered in the treatment program and assuring such services are complementary and comprehensive.
- Consulting and liaising with other Mental Health programs, as well as other servicesin the Medical Center to provide needed care and services.
- Providing services while utilizing professional skill, objectively, insight, advanced clinical training, and experience to interpret data and to identify viable treatment options and recognizing potential high risk factors, acuity and needs for services.
- Initiating, following through and evaluating the efficacy of interventions.
- Performing history and physical examinations and providing, or making recommendations for, ongoing care of Veterans admitted to the inpatient Mental Health unit, and those admitted to Medical units who require co-management by Mental Health.
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer