Providence is calling a Certified Medical Assistant to the Physicians Services Organization in Anchorage, AK.
The Certified Medial Assistant will assist in the provision of patient care and performs administrative and clerical duties with a high degree of proficiency.
In this position you will:
- Prepare patients for provider encounter by taking vital signs as indicated, recording chief complaint and preparing appropriate instruments for examination/procedure.
- Perform procedures such as ear lavage, tympanogram, audiogram, administration of medications, EKG, vision screening, dressing changes and finger stick blood glucose testing under the direct supervision of the provider. Assist providers with procedures such as minor surgical procedures, IUD insertions, orthopedic casting/splinting, pelvic exams, signoidascopy, biopsy and colposcopy.
- Provide basic patient education including prescription usage, immunization information, STD education, lifestyle education for wellness under the direct supervision of a provider.
- Provide support duties such as stocking and cleaning exam rooms, cleaning, wrapping and autoclaving instruments, filing records and helping to maintain medication cupboards.
- Perform patient follow-up as directed, schedule referral appointments and respond to patient messages.
- Greet patients/families, register, verify and update necessary information (including prepaid eligibility) on the system.
- Answer telephone and disburses callers in a friendly, prompt and accurate manner.
- Schedule, cancel, reschedule and confirm office visits according to office scheduling procedure.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from a medical assistant program
- National Certification/Registration as a Medical Assistant
- Working knowledge of the principles of medical assisting
- Knowledge of the behavior and needs of patients
- Knowledge of commonly used medications and their effects
- Knowledge of medical terminology and equipment
- Ability to think and act quickly in emergencies
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of clinical experience
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Medical Assistant
Req ID: 151444