To be fully engaged in uncompromised safety, superior quality, memorable patient/customer experiences, and financial stewardship by providing individualized care with respect to patient expectations, cultural, spiritual and age specific individual needs.
The Arrhythmia Center CNS/ARNP will serve as a coordinator, counselor, manager of key services and educator to patients with arrhythmia disorders.
The Arrhythmia Center CNS/ARNP, in collaboration with the multidisciplinaryArrhythmia team (Heart & Vascular service line director, physicians, support staff, administration, marketing and business development) will develop and maintain the Arrhythmia Center of Excellence program. This position will also be critical to the promotion of the program to physicians, patients, consumers, payers, co-workers, community and outside organizations.
- Supports engagement through adherence to the Health First Connections and I-CARE commitments.
- Contributes to performance improvement and Gallup action plans.
- Exhibits and promotes behaviors consistent with the highly engaged associate
- Supports department goals and initiatives and is a positive change agent.
- Consistent role model and mentor who sets an example of a team player and problem solver.
- Collaborates with the leadership to facilitate throughput.
- Addresses patient needs throughout the care continuum
- Facilitates the development, implementation, and review of standards of practice, policies and procedures, quality outcome indicators and other designated work projects to enhance care delivery.
- Ensures the coordination/logistics of the Arrhythmia Center Multi-disciplinary team
- Utilizes Health First computer systems with regards to order entry, order inquiry and patient care documentation.
- Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary nursing and their patient
- team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the clinical setting.
- Maintains documentation and assessment of patient vital signs, drug allergies and description of patient complaints on all charts.
- Communicates pertinent information to physicians, Infection Control, andother hospital personnel as required to maintain safe patient carepractices.
- Assists interdisciplinary team in establishing guideline-based treatment plans for patients.
- Reviews clinical data and results with supervising providers and consulting/referring providers as a plan of care warrants.
- Facilitates provider directed ordering of diagnostic studies and tests.
- This position provides support and guidance, linking patients and their families to health care services that meet their needs and serving as a communication bridge among and between patients, families, and members of the care team.
- Coaches members of the clinical staff regarding patient experience and service as needed relative to the individual care need to support overall positive care experiences by patients.
- Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive patient satisfaction scores and/ or written complements by patients and others.
- Response to patient requests addresses patient fears and concerns with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
- Assists Physicians with patient follow-up and Clinical Evaluations.
- Participates multi-disciplinary team meetings and in clinical research activities as appropriate.
- Responsible for data collection for determining outcomes and a variety of databases maintained by Health First as assigned.
- Performs other duties as within scope of practice as requested by leadership/providers